|Main page notice|
|Managing the main page is easily accessible with the main page template. For explanation of the parameters:
In progress stuff
- Tenhou rules - somebody who knows japanese will probably do this page most justice
- Project:Community portal - could use some fleshing out
- Terminology - commonly used terminology that could be linked on every page but not linked every time they are listed due to frequent use, example; terms like: koutsu, shuntsu, ari, nashi... etc..
Rules overview - shall later link to a page with detailed general rules (either other websites or we make yet another full description), and also link to other specific rulesets (Tenhou, EMA USPML, ...)
- Offline groups - this seems hopelessly outdated. maybe needs a name change (used to be Real-life groups)
- Talk:Offline groups - organisation-wise this seems like the best place to put "looking to form a new group" notices, so I put a note on the Community portal --Bps (talk) 20:34, 28 July 2013 (UTC)
- Playing online - needs fleshing out
- tell people to edit this thing
- rules, terminology,
- Page: yaku - confirm names, grammar etc..,
- Separate articles for each yaku
- community portal - where can you meet more people who play/etc.? (online and offline) - i.e. #mahjong, #osamuko, Linköping, ...
- organisation of information (but this can come much later once there is actually shit to organise)
- Strategy pages (example)
What should go on the front page once we make one?
- Beginner resources, rules page, offline groups, playing online -- these seem essential.
- What is the exact goal of the community portal, it seems it should also be linked from the front page later?
- It's very nice if all wiki pages are somehow reachable from the front page just by clicking in-page links, without AllPages. Simon (talk) 16:04, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
- Do not make a section == External links == unless there is at least one non-wiki link following. does not count towards this: Put that at the end of the article no matter what section was last, it'll have its own box in any case.
Sample front page
Well, I've tinkered a bit with building a decent looking front page. Although, I am failing to adjust table heights so that both tables are of the same height. Either way, the sample can be found here: User:KyuuAA/sandbox KyuuAA (Talk:キュウ) 10:20, 3 August 2013 (UTC)