Sega MJ splash page
|Platform||PC, Android, iOS|
Sega MJ is a mahjong platform by the game developer, Sega.
Basic user guide
The client can be downloaded from the official site. It is available for Android, iOS, and Windows. Upon launching the client for the first time, after clicking through the splash screen and warning message, the following screen (or something similar) should be visible:
- The main Login button. The game automatically generates an MJM ID and password when it is first launched on a new device, which can be seen after clicking Login. If you have a SEGA ID, don't use this button yet.
- ID input. If you already have an MJM or SEGA ID, click this button to enter their details. They can then be saved for automatic login.
- Cache clear. This clears all the downloaded files for things like voice clips, table themes, and other images used by the game.
- Offline mode
- Website. Links to the main page of SEGA MJ.
- News. Also links to their website, but to the news section instead.
Creating an account
Creating an account is fairly straightforward. After logging in, the avatar can be customized and account settings initialized.
After accepting these terms, the main lobby should be launched. Some items may have to be downloaded. In general, the green button is to accept and the red button to cancel.
Remember these terms as they will appear a lot:
- Tonpussen (東風戦): East wind only games. Sega likes to abbreviate it as tonpuu (東風) in their buttons.
- Sanma (三麻): Three player games. These are hanchan (半荘) in which players play East and South rounds, but with only three players, so only three rounds per wind.
- Hanchan (半荘): A new addition to SEGA MJ, these are East and South wind games.
- Free play against other online players. Accounts can rise all the way to 1st dan in these rooms, but no higher.
- Play against CPU bots.
- Create a private room to invite friends to play.
- Training rooms to learn the basics and even some intermediate tactics through a structured lesson plan.
- The Casino, where MJ chips, Gold, and Casino chips can be spent on slots, video poker, and mahjong pachinko.
Ranking (paid) Rooms
- League. Always available, players can compete in a weekly league, with prizes being awarded to the top players in their randomly assigned division.
- Tournament. Players can compete in a 4-week long tournament with 4 stages, with the chance to face real riichi pros and chips being awarded to the top players in each stage. Late entry is permitted but costs Gold to do.
- Ikkyokusen. A single hand mode where chips/gold are paid to enter, and a jackpot is given to the winner of the hand based on the size of the hand.
- Gamble tables. For high rollers, a small house fee is collected on each game, but a large amount of chips are gambled. Sanma only, every point matters when determining payout.
- Event tables. Changes from week to week, but generally follows the same structure and offers limited time prizes for playing.
- Settings. Volume, level of effects, and more settings can be changed here.
- Mailbox. Certain winnings and other messages will be opened here.
- My Data. Stats on performance as well as current scores in each of the modes are available here.
- My Items. Inventory, where purchased items can be equipped.
- Shop. Purchase items that cannot be won from the gacha here.
- MJ Gacha. Try your luck with the many kinds of gacha here. One spin of the free gacha daily!