|English||Hand of man|
Renhou 「人和」 is an optional yaku. It is defined by a player declaring ron with a starting hand before the dealer gets a second turn or before any called tile. This premise is similar to the chihou, except the hand wins by discard (ron). In some instances, it may be considered as a yakuman, mangan, or not used at all. Only non-dealers may invoke renhou, as the first discard always comes from the dealer. That is barring an instance of tenhou.
Because of number of variations and interpretations to renhou, it is rendered as optional.
- By default, renhou can be defaulted as a mangan hand.
- Likewise, it can be set as a yakuman.
- Renhou may be considered as a yaku, to be cumulative with other yaku, with a variable han value. It is frequently set at 5 han, so that the hand is always worth mangan minimum.
- Renhou may not be used at all.
- Renhou in Japanese Wikipedia