Difference between revisions of "Renhou"
|Line 31:||Line 31:|
Revision as of 00:08, 30 August 2015
|English||Hand of man|
Renhou 「人和」 is an optional yaku. It is defined by a player declaring ron with a starting hand before the dealer gets a second turn or before any called tile. This premise is similar to the chiihou, except the hand wins by discard (ron). In some instances, it may be considered as a yakuman, mangan, or not used at all. Only non-dealers may invoke renhou, as the first discard always comes from the dealer (except when the dealer wins by tenhou).
Because of number of variations and interpretations to renhou, it is viewed as optional.
- By default, renhou can be defaulted as a mangan hand. In this case, if the hand could score more using normal counting of yaku and dora, it will be scored for the alternate value (since the highest-scoring hand must always be chosen). The hand must have at least one yaku for this, however; dora alone cannot allow the hand to be scored separately.
- Likewise, it can be set as a yakuman.
- Renhou may be considered as a yaku, to be cumulative with other yaku, with a variable han value. It is frequently set at 5 han, so that the hand is always worth mangan minimum.
- Renhou may not be used at all.
- Renhou in Japanese Wikipedia